Does anyone else collect?

This board is for the discussion of Anime, Macross or the Macross RPG Community in general. All discussions on this board are out of character. Please remember that the MRC has a very strict Non-Flaming, Non-Advertising, and Non-Spamming policy.

Moderator: Shared Resources Group

Flight Leader

Postby Ender » Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:38 pm

Actually Mr F, I always liked the look of the 11... except for the head. Could've easily been a "hero" fighter IMHO.

Yeah my stuff collects dust... then again some my say so do I. :lol:

Group Leader

Postby Mr.F » Thu Jan 29, 2009 5:05 pm

A "hero" doesn't get a bayonette. A hero would get a knife or a sword.
The head of the 11 is part of what makes it look wonderfully "grunt-ish" me thinks.

All it needs is to not be properly maintained, or maintained by people who do not ahve all the right parts and have to make do with what they have, and me thinks it would get a wonderfully beat up and rugged look. Perfect for a pioneer world at the fringe of known space.

/Mr.F - Likes the beat up, scrappy look

Flight Leader

Postby Ender » Thu Jan 29, 2009 6:42 pm

I have to disagree with you on the bayonet. As seen in Mac Plus, a hero can do deadly things with a bayonet. With a bayonet you have greater range, and can fire a gun at the same time. That's why they're used still today (not as often as say WWII or Korea).

I really don't like heroes getting knives. You have to get way too close to your opponent to do any damage. That's one reason I think the 25 lacks some coolness.

Actually on pioneer worlds that's exactly what you'd find, beat up rugged looking fighters. Everything from 1X's to 11's, everything Spacy didn't want, would be there. Infact there was a VF-1 with woodland camo on Ebay that you could sort of rough up a bit (make some scratches and scuffs on the paint) that would IMHO look awesome. Unfourtunately I'm not willing to pay $150 for it.

Actually Mr F I want to thank you. You gave me a great idea and a way I could bring Zach back in a Fan Fic (only reason I didn't before). :D

Ace Pilot

Postby COBRA » Fri Jan 30, 2009 2:08 am

To be honest, I simply prefer to look up to pilots who pilots standard issue mass-produced fighter and it's basic weaponary, and still manage to survive and onslaught of hostile entities long enough to see the end of it. For exampel, among them are Rick Hunter/Hikaru Ichijyo with VF1J, Max Sterling/Maximilian Jenius with VF1A, Isamu Dyson with VF11, and so on.

Heroic fighters, or characters given a "special" model, tends to... how would I put it, favour a specific and only easily reused patterned of an attack, an attack which usually tends to be able to wipe out en entire population (plus a kitten for some reason) when frequently used. It's more commonly known as the "One-Punch-One-Kill" ability. I detest that ability I most point out.

Postby Kosh » Fri Jan 30, 2009 2:36 am

Here's another good point. You and your buddies are moving to attack the enemy, as you do. On the way in you see that there are 20 mecha all the same as each other, dull grey and looking rather inanimate and one in the middle with wings, a mecha scale lightsabre, a glowing aura and his own theme music.

Who do you think posses the larger threat?

:D

Seriously though, Macross has handled it well. Macross Saga has VF-1's and pure luck to get you though, Plus was about new fighters so no worries and Frontier has a whole mini-carrier full of the new fighters. The only one to balls up was Mac-7.

Now Gundam on the other hand....

Flight Leader

Postby Ender » Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:44 am

ROFLMAO :lol:

Poor Mr Boots. :wink:

Good points Cobra and Kosh.

The ultra attack, one punch as Cobra put it, is really annoying... unless it's the maingun of the SDF Macross (that one was cool).

As for the theme music, I've always said that everytime one of our pilots gets into a dogfight "Highway to the Danger Zone" should start playing.

Now let me ask you all, if hero fighters are not preferable (Kosh makes a good point about it being an obvious target) shouldn't hero paint schemes also be bad. I mean If I'm a Zentradi pilot and I se 20 Brown VF-1's and one red, white and black VF-1, wouldn't that also make me think he might be a bigger threat?

Staff Trainee

Postby Genjuro Vagetta » Fri Jan 30, 2009 2:31 pm

Either that or a very colorful decoy...
Don't hunt for death, for it finds us all soon enough.

Power Member

Postby tHatarMed » Fri Jan 30, 2009 4:28 pm

If one were to go the way of the decoy, why not go all out? Cover the machine in neon lights that would put Vegas to shame. Imagine the distraction such lighting would cause in space (for some reason the mental image of a VF flashing, "Eat at Joe's" is really funny to me right now). I blame the lack of sleep, and abundance of caffeine. :lol:

Then again, once the missiles start flying it could easily be lost in the secondary explosions.
[6227777]

Ace Pilot

Postby camk4evr » Sat Jan 31, 2009 2:38 am

I think good taste would require it be destroyed as soon as possible^_^

Flight Leader

Postby Ender » Sat Jan 31, 2009 10:58 am

Good point Genjuro Vegetta. It would be confusing... decoy or ace, which is it? Could be both considering how many times Hikaru/Rick got shot down (2 times by the Zentradi and once by friendly fire as best I can remember).

LOL, Good lord where did you come up with the "Eat at Joe's" tHatarMed. I had forgotten that old joke. :lol:

I actually like that idea. Fighters so gaudy that the enemy turns and runs at the first sight of their hideousness, or they become blinded their the brillian ugliness.

Ace Pilot

Postby COBRA » Sun Feb 01, 2009 1:25 am

Kosh wrote:Here's another good point. You and your buddies are moving to attack the enemy, as you do. On the way in you see that there are 20 mecha all the same as each other, dull grey and looking rather inanimate and one in the middle with wings, a mecha scale lightsabre, a glowing aura and his own theme music.

Who do you think posses the larger threat?

I would rather watch my back for the inanimate grey mechas if one turns out to be a bigger bad-ass then the fancy space-marine wannabe mecha at hand. Hell, I would defiantly leg it if he/she played "Highway to Danger Zone" and charged me. D:

Flight Leader

Postby Ender » Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:17 am

Oh come on Cobra, don't you think our pilots would be feared everywhere if "Highway to the Danger Zone" was blaring as they fought? Who would dare to possiblly fight our guys if they all thought they were Maverick. :lol:

Top Gun= Awesome (thumbs up)

Ace Pilot

Postby COBRA » Sun Feb 01, 2009 1:07 pm

Well if they did, they would surely had gained some kind of notorious reputation by then.

Enemy Pilot 1 - Hey, can you hear that?
Enemy Pilot 2 - Hear what?
Enemy Pilot 1 - Music, listen...
Enemy Pilot 2 - Doesn't it sounds just like...
Enemy Pilot 1 - Highway to Danger Zone?
Enemy Pilot 2 - O_O ...
Enemy Pilot 1 - O_O ... Retreat!

Flight Leader

Postby Ender » Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:27 am

:lol:

I ccould actually see that happening. A flight of enemy fighters scared of by a fighter with speakers blaring "Highway to the Danger Zone" and tHatarMed's neon "Eat at Joe's."

roflmbo

Game Master

Postby BEAR » Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:21 am

To continue COBRA's thing...

Enemy Pilot 1 - I see them coming!
Enemy Pilot 2 - We can take them!
Enemy Pilot 1 - What is that gleam?
Enemy Pilot 2 - Gleam? What color is the lead fighter?
Enemy Pilot 1 - Gold... O_O
Enemy Pilot 2 - O_O
Enemy Pilot 1&2 - RETREAT!!!

Flight Leader

Postby Ender » Mon Feb 02, 2009 1:47 pm

You know that gives me an idea. I think I'm going to send an email to the paople who make the Ace Combat games and suggest they add a pimp my fighter mode. You know so you could put whatever paint scheme (no matter how awful) you wanted, spinners, rims (of all sizes)... whatever you wanted.

Game Master

Postby BEAR » Mon Feb 02, 2009 1:48 pm

...cow skull on the nose?

Flight Leader

Postby Ender » Mon Feb 02, 2009 1:57 pm

If that's what you want Bear. Anything you want goes.

Ace Pilot

Postby COBRA » Fri Feb 06, 2009 7:58 am

Does that include taste-less paintjobs with voluptuous womens in minimal clothings slithering over the fighter's fuselage and wings?

What? It's for psychological warfare purposes.

Flight Leader

Postby Ender » Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:36 am

Voluptous women, Japanese Pop idols, dragons.... any paint job goes.

Ace Pilot

Postby COBRA » Mon Feb 09, 2009 7:19 pm

I'm so in if that games/feature comes out.

Flight Leader

Postby Ender » Thu Feb 12, 2009 3:36 pm

Well now all I need is an english email adress to send it to (Konami is Japanese)... either that or learn to read and write in Kanji and by a Japanese keyboard.

Previous

Return to General Discussion