What anime are you watching now?

This board is for the discussion of Anime, Macross or the Macross RPG Community in general. All discussions on this board are out of character. Please remember that the MRC has a very strict Non-Flaming, Non-Advertising, and Non-Spamming policy.

Moderator: Shared Resources Group

Assistant Game Master (SM)

Postby Flare™ » Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:39 am

I didn't want to hijack the other thread!

I'm watching Toradora, Gundam 00 Season 2 and Kurozuka (MMM Vampires and Samurai!).
*Founding Member and President of the Klan Klein/Klan Klan Fan Club*

I take pics! See them on Instagram @JPhillipePhotos

Game Master

Postby Strider » Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:29 pm

Nothing much has peaked my interest lately now that Gundam 00 and Macross Frontier have finished their runs. I'm glad they finally got around to releasing the second volume of Black Lagoon so I could watch more of that, but aside from that, I've almost had to reach back to some of the classics. Watched the re-release version of Area 88 a few weeks back and looped for ambience (but not really watched) Vampire Hunter D and HellSing on some TV's for a Halloween Party.

That's about it. Slow year actually...
________
Jaguar E-Type Picture
Last edited by Strider on Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Assistant Game Master

Postby Bleu » Thu Nov 13, 2008 1:10 pm

I WAS watching/collecting Trinity Blood. But the stores I go to started charging more per dvd for that series than most other anime. So, I stopped. Figure I'd rather pay about $100 for a season collection set than almost $40 per.

I discovered DNAngel prettymuch after all the hype had died down, but I still loved it! So much so, I painted the main character onto my, now favorite, pair of jeans. Hehehe! :) I couldn't resist. Dark Mousy is such a cool looking character.

That's prettymuch it for now. Like Strider said. Slow year for good anime. But even though it's not anime, I'm currently hooked on the Clone Wars TV series. It's pretty awesome too.
"Hey, didn't dad say, 'no more DNA experiments on the neighborhood kids?" - Johnny Test

Game Master

Postby BEAR » Thu Nov 13, 2008 3:15 pm

Ergo Proxy and Devil May Cry.

DMC was.... okay. Ergo Proxy was pretty freaking good. I loved the characters (Mmmm... Mirahe Avatar) and the actual storyline was involving and well thought out IMHO.

I would suggest it to you ALL.

Assistant Game Master

Postby Bleu » Thu Nov 13, 2008 3:26 pm

Hey Bear,

I used to see Ergo Proxy sitting on the shelf all the time at Best Buy. But I couldn't find any synopsis on the story because they always packaged it in a way that covered it up. I was always curious about it and wondered if it would be any good.
"Hey, didn't dad say, 'no more DNA experiments on the neighborhood kids?" - Johnny Test

Game Master

Postby MustangGT02 » Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:31 pm

I just finished the Betterman series and before that I watched the Blue Gender series. They were both decent animes. Looking for another to check out. Any suggestions?
"Luke...I am your father..." ~ Empire Strikes Back

Game Master

Postby Sabre » Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:57 pm

Clone Wars...and I'm not quite sure of that qualifies as anime.

Assistant Game Master

Postby Bleu » Thu Nov 13, 2008 9:39 pm

Sabre wrote:Clone Wars...and I'm not quite sure of that qualifies as anime.

Yah, I know. I did say Clone Wars isn't anime when I mentioned it. But ya know, technically speaking, the word, 'anime' is Japanese for 'animation'. Sooooo, technically speaking, you could say that it applies to Clone Wars as well. *teehee!*

*Okay, Bleu drops her Palin impression now*

I know. That's very nit-picky-nittish of me. But, in my defense, I'm not at all serious at the moment. Just feelin' a bit mischievous. 8) In the end, I do understand that we are using the word, 'anime' in a context to refer to or describe an animation made in Japan or by Japanese artists, animators, etc. :)

Webmaster (F)

Postby Lanji » Thu Nov 20, 2008 3:42 pm

Well, I'm currently watching:

* Gundam 00 (giant robots: check; angsty pilots: check)
* Linebarrel over on Crunchyroll (its officially licensed by Gonzo for viewing there, so no worries about Fansub rule breaking).
* Skip Beat (Should note, I did read the entire manga over the last 3 weeks to. I'm pathetic I've decided.)
* Vampire Knight Guilty

[/url]

Game Master

Postby MustangGT02 » Thu Nov 20, 2008 8:48 pm

Im currently watching the Gravion series.
"Luke...I am your father..." ~ Empire Strikes Back

Delta Member

Postby Ryudo » Thu Nov 27, 2008 5:35 pm

Watching the 2nd season of 00, re watching Gundam X. Also just got Black Lagoon and Irresponsible Captain Tyler. There is a few mangas I'm reading to but they are back burner items.
The person who says it's imposible should stay out of the way of the person who is doing it.

Staff Trainee

Postby Jagernaut » Mon Jan 05, 2009 1:16 am

I'm watch a couple at once:

Titania, kissXsis, Flame of recca, Ah my goddess, bamboo blade, and Macross Frontier.
"In here only the mind can grant you power."

Return to General Discussion