Iron Man

This board is for the discussion of Anime, Macross or the Macross RPG Community in general. All discussions on this board are out of character. Please remember that the MRC has a very strict Non-Flaming, Non-Advertising, and Non-Spamming policy.

Moderator: Shared Resources Group

Game Master

Iron Man

Postby Cobalt » Sat May 03, 2008 11:42 am

Best Superhero Movie Ever!

I'll admit to some doubts when I heard Robert Downey Jr was cast as Tony Stark and the trailers convinced me that I needed to see the movie. It was awesome. Top notch. Seriously, it was the best superhero movie I've seen. It sets the bar really high for every comic book movie that is coming after it.

Speaking of which, two things.

I saw the trailer for Will Eisner's the Spirit, directed by Frank Miller. It looks pretty cool. And, if you go to see Iron Man, make sure you watch until the trailers are over. Extra scene at the very end.

Edit - Trailers = credits
Last edited by Cobalt on Sun May 04, 2008 8:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
~Let the Beauty Sleep

Postby Kosh » Sun May 04, 2008 5:13 am

Iron Man was pretty good yea, not my favourite comic book film (that title goes straight to 300) but it was good. Prety funny in some parts and that guy Downey was really good in it.

About the bit at the end, Cobalt means the veeeeeeery very end of the trailers. By the time I got it there was only like 10 people left in the hall.

Group Leader

Postby Mr.F » Sun May 04, 2008 9:43 am

I will have to agree (to some extent) that this was a very very good movie. I don't know if I would go so far to say "the best" but to each their own I guess, and I can see how it atleast wouldbe considered for such a position.

The thing with having a scene after the credits seem to have become increasingly popular these days, and no one should leave before the credits are over. Not only to get that last scene but also because it is rather rude to leave before that me thinks (Yes, my personal oppinion).

Now for the movie I had nothing much to complain about, and the main point I found a bit annoying can very well be mended by an later released "extended version" (I have an issue with the pace of the tests -> mk2 completion sequence). Then there are some few more little bits they could have made better and some scenes that just feels too obvious with their intention but all in all those points are mostly me being picky me thinks. Was a very good movie me thinks and with all those scenes displaying details on the suit this is something I will want to see again in 1080p on a nice quality TV for some extra enjoyment that just can't be shown on the silver screen.

/Mr.F - Off to listen to some Black Sabbat

Postby Tiree » Sun May 04, 2008 11:18 am

My wife - not a comic book fan, knew nothing about the movie - picked up something that I missed. A little bit of a Time Paradox was where Tony Stark age around 40ish had a father who worked on the atom bomb. The movie was set in present times - thus it felt like a 20 year gap, or Tony Stark is 60 - part of the baby boomer generation.

Game Master

Postby Cobalt » Sun May 04, 2008 11:32 am

His father also died, apparently of natural causes, when Tony was young. So he might have been born when the father was already really old. The only thing I was disappointed with was that Black Sabbath's "Iron Man" was not played until the credits. I thought it would have been really cool to play it during the cave scene.

Postby Phantomj » Sun May 04, 2008 1:44 pm

I'm planning on seeing it today and judge for myself. Iron Man is one of my favorite comic book heroes and what I have read here they did a decent job.
"We all wear masks, Spider-Man. But which one is real, the one that hides your face or the one that is your face?"

The Green Goblin from The Spectacular Spiderman Animated TV Series.

Postby Tiree » Sun May 04, 2008 11:13 pm

Cobalt - I thought of that myself, and she pointed out that his father looked young (20's to 30's when he was next to his childhood son). So I am pretty sure it was a flub on their part.

Postby Phantomj » Sun May 04, 2008 11:28 pm

I noticed that too, just saw it today and Cobalt was correct it would have been a better scene from him emerging from the cave to hear Ozzy scream the line right there.
"We all wear masks, Spider-Man. But which one is real, the one that hides your face or the one that is your face?"

The Green Goblin from The Spectacular Spiderman Animated TV Series.

Game Master

Postby Cobalt » Sun May 04, 2008 11:54 pm

I guess that's just one of those pesky little plot gremlins.

Assistant Game Master (SM)

Postby Flare™ » Thu May 15, 2008 12:56 am

I enjoyed it.

I also had my doubts but after seeing it... :D
*Founding Member and President of the Klan Klein/Klan Klan Fan Club*

I take pics! See them on Instagram @JPhillipePhotos

Ace Pilot

Postby camk4evr » Thu May 15, 2008 1:05 am

Saw it last week. I thought it was very good even though I don't care that much for the comic.

I think they should have played "I am Ironman" when he came out of the cave, in he first suit, though.

Return to General Discussion