Been away a while

This board is for the discussion of Anime, Macross or the Macross RPG Community in general. All discussions on this board are out of character. Please remember that the MRC has a very strict Non-Flaming, Non-Advertising, and Non-Spamming policy.

Moderator: Shared Resources Group

Been away a while

Postby Kosh » Sun Apr 13, 2008 11:44 am

Hey all, I haven't played on these boards in what feels like years but with the recent new Macross serise being shown you start to get that old buzz for the stuff.

Anyways I was bouncing around a few sites and endded up here, so I thought I would throw up a post, see if how everyone is and so on.

Kinda hoping someone remembers me :P

Game Master

Postby Cobalt » Sun Apr 13, 2008 12:51 pm

I remember you! How are ya doin?

Game Master

Postby araruin » Sun Apr 13, 2008 2:09 pm

Kosh? Hmmmm, sounds vaguely familiar....weren't you on Babylon5? Just kidding. How you been? You disappeared without a trace.

Game Master

Postby BEAR » Sun Apr 13, 2008 2:24 pm

I remember you!

Glad to see you back :)

Ace Pilot

Postby COBRA » Sun Apr 13, 2008 5:54 pm

I have no idea who you are. Sorry. :oops:

Who did you play as? Character-wise, ofcourse. It might refreshen my memory.

Postby Kosh » Mon Apr 14, 2008 10:37 am

Yea its been a while, I had some issues that kinda limited my net time back then, hence me kinda vanishing, sorry about that one.

What characters did I play, well if it wasn’t for the skins I would have forgot a few of them but lets see who we have:

Tenchu Vegeta - Night Spiders
Christina O'Neil - City Busters
Alexia Zarbon - Renegade Faction
Jehuty - Renegade Faction
Kain Andabal - Unicorns

So hows things been here? It looks like everything is still going strong, I'm seeing a few old faces still haunting the boards as well.

How you guys liking Frontier? I just finished eps 2 and I’m starting to think its a definite improvement from 7 and with luck it will make a little sense than Zero :P

Postby Phantomj » Mon Apr 14, 2008 12:40 pm

Kosh! Wassup my bro. Been a while. I've never forgotten about ya.
"We all wear masks, Spider-Man. But which one is real, the one that hides your face or the one that is your face?"

The Green Goblin from The Spectacular Spiderman Animated TV Series.

Game Master

Postby Sabre » Mon Apr 14, 2008 3:22 pm

Hi Kosh, I definitely remember you. Nice to see you around again!!

Postby Kosh » Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:52 am

Good to see you guys still around. Sabre, I still think out of all the CO's my characters had, Rho was the one that stands out for me the most. Always liked the renegade faction games we did, playing an actual original Zentradi was always a good laugh. It made for some really interesting characters.

Group Leader

Postby Mr.F » Tue Apr 15, 2008 2:54 pm

"Marvel at them male"

Is a phrase from that particular game (least I think it was) that I found very funny. Points for anyone that can remember why this was funny...

/Mr.F - Only vaguely remember the Kosh sadly, though I'm fairly sure you used to have an avatar image of the Kosh from Babylon 5

Game Master

Postby araruin » Tue Apr 15, 2008 4:45 pm

Kosh is one of the founding members of the Unicorns. He and Phantomj are the only ones I can think of who have posted on MRC recently.

Game Master

Postby Sabre » Tue Apr 15, 2008 4:55 pm

Kosh, I hope you are planning on returning. It would be great to see you around the boards again.

Game Master

Postby Cobalt » Tue Apr 15, 2008 5:14 pm

Mr.F wrote:"Marvel at them male"

Is a phrase from that particular game (least I think it was) that I found very funny. Points for anyone that can remember why this was funny...

/Mr.F - Only vaguely remember the Kosh sadly, though I'm fairly sure you used to have an avatar image of the Kosh from Babylon 5

It was from that game and I was the person who posted it. :D The reason it was so funny was because my character was speaking about the Q-Rau power armors behind her but her "chest bounce" drew all eyes to her breasts.

"Look at them, male. Marvel at their perfection."

And I have to agree with Sabre. It would be great to see you playing on the boards again, Kosh.

Postby Kosh » Wed Apr 16, 2008 10:31 am

Yup, I remember that Cobalt, Nina wasn’t it? and I believe she was talking to Jehuty and the rest of the Zentradi who had just transferred over. Didn’t that arc then end up in the mess hall where she planted her knee into his groin while he landed the brow of his forehead into the bridge of her nose? Ah you cant beat one big happy fleet can you :P

Coming back is definitely on the cards but from reading over a few of the stories a lot has changed (Pax Terra Commonwealth? Earth invaded?) so I would have to bring myself up to speed on the current world setup before I dived back in and ended up looking a total fool.

I had a quick look and I might have missed it but is there a "The last 3 years story summed up in bite size chunk" post around?

Group Leader

Postby Mr.F » Wed Apr 16, 2008 2:38 pm

Hehehe,
Points granted. Being the original poster is somewhat like cheating, but I'll let it slide since it came with a more accurate quote then mine ;)

Old participants returning is always a very nice thing I say, and that is why I'm a bit sad to admit I don't know of any such summary posts. Granted I'm prone to missing things and not the best at digging stuff up.

/Mr.F - May we call you "ancient" I wonder? ^_^

Game Master

Postby Cobalt » Wed Apr 16, 2008 2:45 pm

The Invasion Earth group is approximately 3 years ahead of the rest of the boards and is an alternate future time line. The UN was involved in a three way Civil War: The UN, the Pax Royale Protectorate, and the Elderian League. The Elderian League and the Pax Royale wanted freedom from the UN. During the war, they all were attacked by new aliens and forged a peace. The Pax Royale Protectorate made an alliance with the UN and together they forced the Elderian's into a cease fire, after they removed the Elderian leader from power.

This was the end of the Rally Cry Storyline.

Currently, Earth has been invaded by the Splugorth. The Invasion Earth boards are dealing with the various aspects of the plot.

Wild Cards - In search of a world that may have the answer.

Death Knights - Seeking allies

Vector Prime - Rescue and Reconnaisance missions on Earth

Operation Starhammer - Attempt to win acceptance into the Galactic Alliance.

A Timeline is posted on each board. I have one linked here for you.

I don't know what is going on on the other boards.

Ace Pilot

Postby COBRA » Wed Apr 16, 2008 6:06 pm

Ah, now I remember! I have seen you moving around on the boards long time ago. I knew there was something familiar with your avatar tag.

Glad to hear you're alive, Kosh. :D

Return to General Discussion