Astro Empires - Most fun I've had in some time.

This board is for the discussion of Anime, Macross or the Macross RPG Community in general. All discussions on this board are out of character. Please remember that the MRC has a very strict Non-Flaming, Non-Advertising, and Non-Spamming policy.

Moderator: Shared Resources Group

Game Master

Astro Empires - Most fun I've had in some time.

Postby araruin » Sun Dec 23, 2007 10:26 am

Some of you may remember the days of the Black Nova Traders game that Lanji ran. If you enjoyed that, or even if you enjoy any kind of build and conquer game, then you should enjoy Astro Empires. It's a real time MMO of galactic colonization and conquest.

http://delta.astroempires.com/

You can create an account and begin playing within a matter of minutes. When you choose your starting area, I would advise something based on where you can find military assistance if you need it. There are alot of us in D27 & D28, but D28 was full last time I checked. People do close accounts, so there is a possibility of getting in at some point. If you can get D28, you'll see some old familiar faces such as Rannilas, Altaris, and myself.

As odd as this sounds, asteroids and moons are actually preferable to planets, because of the reduced cost of late game defenses. Your initial planet should have 5 Fertility, 3 Metal, and 3 of either Solar or Gas. If you get 2 Metal, that's okay, but don't settle for less than that. If your starting world is worse than that, delete the account and start a new one. It only takes about 30 seconds to do.

Once you have your homeworld, start building Metal Refinaries. That'll get your economy rolling. Then go up to the Ranks hyperlink at the top, and choose to see guilds listed by level. We're in GRITS, but it only accepts higher level players. You should join our tier 1 training guild BIKRS. My ingame name is Araruin, or you can message me here at the MRC.

The next thing you want to do is look at the Guild page in your interface. We have a guide for how to build 10 bases in 7 days. This is important, because the first 7 days you play, you cannot be attacked by other players unless you attack first. It is important not to attack anyone during this period.

I hope to see you guys there.

EDIT: Updated current guild information.
Last edited by araruin on Mon May 19, 2008 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Game Master

Postby araruin » Mon May 19, 2008 1:28 pm

For those of you who may be interested in playing, but didn't want to be behind everyone else, the Epsilon server will be opening this Saturday around 11AM EST.

Postby Phantomj » Mon May 19, 2008 2:20 pm

Started reading this Araruin and though real time mmo's are not really my thing, but this one has sparked my interest.

I'll sign up and give it a go when I get home from work and will get alligned with you all.
"We all wear masks, Spider-Man. But which one is real, the one that hides your face or the one that is your face?"

The Green Goblin from The Spectacular Spiderman Animated TV Series.

Postby Phantomj » Mon May 19, 2008 3:25 pm

i just got my account activated name in game is Phantomj. i did get into D28, but not spotting shade. i'll look up death.
"We all wear masks, Spider-Man. But which one is real, the one that hides your face or the one that is your face?"

Game Master

Postby araruin » Mon May 19, 2008 4:32 pm

I've updated the guild info. I had fogotten how old this was. SHADE became NS, and then we switched to GRITS.

Squad Leader

Postby tralnon » Tue May 27, 2008 1:31 am

I just joined myself, in game is Tralnon. I even requested to join Bikrs.. Even got into D28. ^^

Postby Phantomj » Tue May 27, 2008 12:21 pm

my seven day grace period is up i'm fair game now. I'm having fun trying to juggle three bases now.

Squad Leader

Postby tralnon » Tue May 27, 2008 12:23 pm

good luck. I see myself dying shortly afterwards.. but maybe not seeing as I've joined Bikrs. lol they seem to be a good guild from what knowledge I have on the topic.

Game Master

Postby Sabre » Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:32 pm

OK, I'm registered a sunsabre and my base name is sabre world in D28. I'd like to join your training guild.

Return to General Discussion