Resident Evil Fans

This board is for the discussion of Anime, Macross or the Macross RPG Community in general. All discussions on this board are out of character. Please remember that the MRC has a very strict Non-Flaming, Non-Advertising, and Non-Spamming policy.

Moderator: Shared Resources Group

Game Master

Resident Evil Fans

Postby araruin » Thu Jul 26, 2007 1:06 pm

I saw some awesome trailers today. It looks like they are repackaging RE0, RE1, and RE2 as a single title called Umbrella Chronicles for the Wii. However, the cool part is that it is going to be more like a first person shooter where you can look all around and destroy the environment as well. It showed them shooting pictures off the wall and blasting open doors. you can also snipe above and below in the multi-level rooms. I didn't see any in game evidence of it, but every scene showed a pair of heroes together, so it might also be two player.

Game Master

Postby Halo » Thu Jul 26, 2007 6:17 pm

Yeah, Umbrella Chronicles looks cool -- but my only problem with it is it's "on rails", which feels less like a FPS (IMO) and more of just your run of the mill shooting galleries.

The new Dragon Quest for Wii will also be on rails, so I'm not getting too psyched. I'd prefer to have control of the character, do some exploring, control the pace, etc.

Game Master

Postby araruin » Thu Jul 26, 2007 8:41 pm

I'm not sure this will be a Disney ride, though. It looked like you could control moving forward and backward and spin 360.

Ace Pilot

Postby COBRA » Fri Jul 27, 2007 12:34 am

Sadly to disappoint you Araruin, but this is just another on-rails shooter as expected. Compare to other on-rail shooters, like Time Crisis, Virtua Cop and some other on-rail gunner game with thin story, Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles offer a deeper story with all the events and happenings that occured in Resident Evil: Zero, Resident Evil 1, Resident Evil 2, Resident Evil 3: Nemesis, and hopefully, according to the fanbase, Resident Evil: Code Veronica.

The freedom is very limited considered you can only look to the left and right with your D stick when you encounter monster or zombies. So no forward, backward, nor 360 spin can be preformed at all. All the players movement, except the point-and-shoot function, are controlled by the games scripted path-line.

You can find the preview here: http://www.gamespot.com/wii/action/resi ... ode=recent

And the HD trailers here: http://www.gametrailers.com/game/3393.html

Return to General Discussion