New Fallout Game

This board is for the discussion of Anime, Macross or the Macross RPG Community in general. All discussions on this board are out of character. Please remember that the MRC has a very strict Non-Flaming, Non-Advertising, and Non-Spamming policy.

Moderator: Shared Resources Group

Game Master

New Fallout Game

Postby Halo » Fri Jun 08, 2007 5:53 am

So the new teaser trailer is up at http://fallout.bethsoft.com/teaser.html#

And, of course, everyone and their mother is moaning and complaining. About what, I have absolutely no clue. Looks like they got it dead-on to me .... all the way down to Ron Perlman's unmistakable voice doing the narration again! That rocks!

"War. War never changes." I've waited ten years to hear the man say that again! WOO HOO!

Group Leader

Postby Mr.F » Fri Jun 08, 2007 4:30 pm

And perhaps I will get to see it once I find someone else computer to infest with that infernal "quicktime"...

/Mr.F - Huge fan of Fallout2

Game Master

Postby Halo » Fri Jun 08, 2007 4:34 pm

Postby Flare » Fri Jun 08, 2007 5:45 pm

I've never played Fallout...

Is it that good?
This is the real Flare™

Group Leader

Postby Mr.F » Fri Jun 08, 2007 5:45 pm

Gooood minion! Thanks!

Well I have to say that look mighty nice. Really glad to see that they so far seem to have kept the HDR and shinyness down. I was afraid the need to flex ones graphic skills would end up with alot of effects being used although they don't quite fit.

Then again its still just a little trailer and we see NO indication that what we see there is what one will see when actually playing the game. Bethesda has let me down before. I love morrowind and had high hopes for Oblivion, but Oblivion turned out to be a huge pile of moderation I say. Interesting AI, but failed to use the interesting/advanced techniques in a believeable way. HUGE mistakes in gameplay and fale advertising concerning (among other things) the size of the world.

So I will keep my hopes low and hopefully get a pleasant surprise instead. I would imagine they will want to release it on consoles too which I fear could hamper the game in the same way as Oblivion (useless interface isa result of that. Among other things)

/Mr.F - End rant

Group Leader

Postby Mr.F » Fri Jun 08, 2007 5:47 pm

And Flare. Yes it is. Fallout and Fallout 2 are among THE best games ever. Of course they are dated so you will have to endure dated graphics (note. not crappy graphics. They make a very good job at portraying the overal feel ov the world)

/Mr.F - Fallout is a must play

Power Member

Postby Lt Col Andy Reddson, REF » Fri Jun 15, 2007 10:58 am

¡WOO-HOO! ¡THIS BROTHER’S ONE HAPPY CAMPER! This is the first I heard of it, but I’m happy already.
¿Flare, you mean you REALLY never heard of? I would more than willing to loan you my copies… (“Loan” means “Loan”, BTW.)

Assistant Game Master (SM)

Postby Flare™ » Fri Jun 15, 2007 12:57 pm

HEHE

I guess I'll have to check it out!
*Founding Member and President of the Klan Klein/Klan Klan Fan Club*

I take pics! See them on Instagram @JPhillipePhotos

Game Master

Postby araruin » Fri Jun 15, 2007 3:19 pm

Fall Out is great. Anyone remember it's predecessor, Wasteland. I used to play that all the time at the computer lab back in high school.

Power Member

Flare™-

Postby Lt Col Andy Reddson, REF » Sun Jun 17, 2007 10:08 pm

Flare™ wrote:HEHE
I guess I'll have to check it out!
Well, if you’re serious, drop me a PM and we can make the necessary arrangements.
You understand, my Fallout cd’s mean more to me than your LIFE, so I’ll want them back.

Return to General Discussion