Captain America: (Spoilers)

This board is for the discussion of Anime, Macross or the Macross RPG Community in general. All discussions on this board are out of character. Please remember that the MRC has a very strict Non-Flaming, Non-Advertising, and Non-Spamming policy.

Moderator: Shared Resources Group

Group Leader

Captain America: (Spoilers)

Postby Nomad Soul » Wed Mar 07, 2007 12:03 pm

He's dead...

Shot by a sniper in today's issue. Discuss.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/SHOWBIZ/books/0 ... index.html

Game Master

Postby araruin » Wed Mar 07, 2007 12:07 pm

I don't buy it, but we'll see. Just a reminder, Cap also died about 3 years ago when he got blown up by a terrorist bomb and they had a final issue with everyone saying how they had lost a great hero. Cap won't stay dead.

Group Leader

Postby Nomad Soul » Wed Mar 07, 2007 12:21 pm

Well obviously not. No one ever stays dead except bucky.... no wait.
:P

I figure there will be someone else that takes up the Cap mantle until Rogers is back.

Postby Phantomj » Wed Mar 07, 2007 2:02 pm

Just like any of the great super heroes they tend to kill them off and bring them back so many times it will make your head spin.

Then there are the times they kill off one only to come up with many bazaar ways to fill the void to pop oh look the origonal is back.
"We all wear masks, Spider-Man. But which one is real, the one that hides your face or the one that is your face?"

The Green Goblin from The Spectacular Spiderman Animated TV Series.

Game Master

Postby Halo » Wed Mar 07, 2007 6:34 pm

I figure there will be someone else that takes up the Cap mantle until Rogers is back.

*cough* Punisher picked up his mask *cough*

And don't forget there has been a Cosmic Cube running around the issues of Captain America lately, and the Illuminati have the Infinity Gems. LOTS of ways to bring him back while keeping it tied in with Civil War.

But until then, I give you this little gem (warning: extremely childish potty language, not safe for work): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rq2_YKQGE_U

Game Master

Postby Halo » Thu Mar 08, 2007 5:52 pm

LOL -- Newsarama is reporting that "Cap" will be the "THE WØRD" on tonight's Colbert Report! Steven Colbert is a well-known comics fanatic, so this should be good!

Group Leader

Postby Nomad Soul » Fri Mar 09, 2007 6:41 am

I hope it gets on youtube! I don't have cable. :(

Flight Leader

Postby Sparky » Fri Mar 09, 2007 11:12 am

The Cap must me faking it...he can't die, He's more of 'A real american hero' than GI joe is...and they NEVER killed GI Joe did they?

I think Punisher will take up Caps mantle, although I think it'll probably be a while until they bring Cap into the story again.
"Fate rarely calls upon us at a moment of our choosing." - Optimus Prime

Game Master

Postby Halo » Fri Mar 09, 2007 4:24 pm

The Colbert Report last night was pretty good. I dug it, but you could tell the audience had no clue what he was talking about. LOL

Yes, he will definitely be back. Here's my prediction: As the new federal head of all things Super, Tony "Ironman" Stark will appoint a new Captain America designed to carry on the image and ideal while being loyal to his vision of America (am I the only one having flashbacks of Azrael as Batman?). This, of course, will earn the ire of fans who will demand a change, which will happen *gasp* within six months leading to the release of the Captain America movie! What a coincidence!

How will Steve Rogers return? Either by altering reality via Cosmic Cube or Infinity Gems, or by pleasing many, many fans by somehow sending the "Ultimate" Captain America over to the main 616 continuity.

Game Master

Postby araruin » Fri Mar 09, 2007 4:53 pm

Ultimate Cap kicks ass. How many people do you know who can get away with kicking the hulk in the nuts.

Assistant Game Master

Postby Shadow Skull » Fri Mar 09, 2007 6:16 pm

Alas I have not done much in the way of comic reading, let along following what has been going on in the marvel universe lately. However, the Captian America will come back reminds me of this flash.

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/218160

Okay it might not have the Captain but I think it does a good job addressing the dead character coming back subject.[/url]

Ace Pilot

Postby COBRA » Tue Mar 13, 2007 10:21 am

Indeed. Even if I'm not a great Marvel fan myself, I definitely know he will come back. Death comes to us all right? Or does it? Apperently resurrection is part of heros life too :roll:

Game Master

Postby Halo » Tue Mar 13, 2007 5:28 pm

*cough* Punisher picked up his mask *cough*

This image was posted to the Marvel Website.... dear God, please tell me I was wrong. Maybe this is all just an early April Fool's joke...

Game Master

Postby Halo » Tue Mar 13, 2007 5:32 pm

GOOD NEWS!!! I just read another article that shows who Cap's TRUE successor really is!!

http://forum.newsarama.com/showthread.php?t=104912
Last edited by Halo on Tue Mar 13, 2007 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Assistant Game Master

Postby Thorn » Tue Mar 13, 2007 5:37 pm

Without looking... Alberto Gonzales?

Game Master

Postby Koenshaku » Tue Mar 13, 2007 5:38 pm

This image was posted to the Marvel Website.... dear God, please tell me I was wrong. Maybe this is all just an early April Fool's joke...

Yeah, that seems appropriately stupid for Marvel.

"The Birth of Captain Punisher!"

"Rise of Punisher: America! No Shield, But Ridiculously Large Guns!"

Bah.

I suppose it could be argued that the Captain America franchise has lived its life and is no longer really relevant, but please, if you're going to put it to rest, put it to rest. Don't tar and feather it.

Colbert FTW!

Game Master

Postby Halo » Tue Mar 13, 2007 5:39 pm

Sorry, not even the Attorney General has the "Red, White and Blue Balls" to carry that shield! Only ONE MAN is patriotic enough for this honor!!

Return to General Discussion