ranslation Websites

This board is for the discussion of Anime, Macross or the Macross RPG Community in general. All discussions on this board are out of character. Please remember that the MRC has a very strict Non-Flaming, Non-Advertising, and Non-Spamming policy.

Moderator: Shared Resources Group

Staff Trainee

ranslation Websites

Postby Dane Riley » Fri Dec 22, 2006 9:39 pm

Does anyone know of any websites that translate English words to Japanese? I checked out Babelfish through Altavista, and while it does translate English words to Japanese it prints them up as kanji, which I don' knw how to read orpronounce. Can anyone help?

Ace Pilot

Postby COBRA » Fri Dec 22, 2006 10:04 pm

Wouldn't a English-Japanese dictionary book be the best choice instead?

Ji'Tuan

Re: ranslation Websites

Postby studiootaking » Sat Dec 23, 2006 10:31 am

Dane Riley wrote:Does anyone know of any websites that translate English words to Japanese? I checked out Babelfish through Altavista, and while it does translate English words to Japanese it prints them up as kanji, which I don' knw how to read orpronounce. Can anyone help?

Uhm... you mean English to romaji. However, most people who want Japanese, want it in kana, not romaji (romaji is mostly used by beginners of the language who cannot read/write kana.)

Cobra's suggestion is the best - go find an English-Japanese dictionary that has the Japanese in romaji. The next best option is to make a friend in your area who is Japanese...

Return to General Discussion