Battlefield 2142

This board is for the discussion of Anime, Macross or the Macross RPG Community in general. All discussions on this board are out of character. Please remember that the MRC has a very strict Non-Flaming, Non-Advertising, and Non-Spamming policy.

Moderator: Shared Resources Group

Battlefield 2142

Postby Phantomj » Wed Dec 13, 2006 9:33 pm

I just got Battlefield 2142 and started playing it with a bunch of friends. Now if you like online FPS's then I recommend this game. The game costs $50 on line play is FREE!

The longer you play and the better you become you gain points go up in rank and get cool unlock stuff, but choose wisely which ones you want to activate on your character. You have several kits you can choose from each one with their strengths and weaknesses.

If you want to check this game out you can download the demo from here.

http://battlefield.ea.com/battlefield/bf2142/
"We all wear masks, Spider-Man. But which one is real, the one that hides your face or the one that is your face?"

The Green Goblin from The Spectacular Spiderman Animated TV Series.

Ace Pilot

Postby COBRA » Fri Dec 15, 2006 12:41 pm

I'm a old fan of Battlefield 2. I enjoyed the new implement of grafic, physic and gaming system. However. After a while of fun online playing, new version or add-ons have been introduced to BF2 at a cost. Sure, new weapons and vehicles, but those expansions cost, and you must have them if you want to keep yourself updated so you can take part of any more games on the net which I find very frustrating. Except the Special Ops expansion, which I could play with without having it installed, except on special maps.
The other expansions was another story. Those I HAD to buy if I wanted take part of any more online combats. And by that I mean the numbers of servers available for my old BF2 on the net disappeared faster then I could imagine until they was gone forever. Meh...

Now Battlefield 2142 have been released. Sure. It looks great. Titans? Ooooo, nifty. Mechs? Freaking AWESOME!! Gameplay? Same, but it works. Game-engine? It's the same engine! Come on! Cost? 50$ for a game that could been a expansion instead? I mean new weapons and skins and stuff, it's like an expansion how much I look at it. So the answear is: No. I won't fall for that just yet. :/

Wing Leader

Postby Zed_nairb » Tue Jan 30, 2007 2:36 pm

Actually I have to say its one of the best games I've played in a long time. The balance in it is a lot better than Battlefield 2, and the kit progression instead of being tedious is actually a thrill, along with earning awards and such. VoIP has been improved and actually works most of the time (EA is EA afterall, and can't be counted on to make anything that works 100% of the time). Squads are now a necessity for overall battle performance, at least if having your team win matters to you. A small, organized squad can make a huge difference in the flow of battle. Stats tracking is improved, and by god they actually have a buddy list and an improved server tracking system. Overall I highly recommend the game, and look forward to collecting your dog tags ;)

Zed

PS Look for ZedCassel on BF2142 and you'll see me.

Staff Trainee

Postby Ranger » Fri Feb 23, 2007 5:44 pm

Yes i have to say i enjoy BF2142 alot. The weapons are not as one sided as BF2, and the balance is better. And the expansions you complain about that are 15$-20$ are really nothing, for free online play. Even expansions for Guild wars cost you money.

The next game that should be good to watch for is Frontlines: Fuel of war. Should take the squad based FPS to the next lvl i hope!

if any of you are online look for MMZ_Ranger i play every now and then =). Almost a kommisar

Return to General Discussion