Transformers the movie 2007, full robot pics!

This board is for the discussion of Anime, Macross or the Macross RPG Community in general. All discussions on this board are out of character. Please remember that the MRC has a very strict Non-Flaming, Non-Advertising, and Non-Spamming policy.

Moderator: Shared Resources Group

Game Master

Postby Halo » Thu Dec 21, 2006 1:48 am

Group Leader

Postby Nomad Soul » Thu Dec 21, 2006 4:22 pm

Saw it, and was annoyed by the constant fade outs not letting me get a good look. :x

Guess that's what teaser trailers are for though.

Game Master

Postby Halo » Wed Mar 14, 2007 10:41 am

http://www.mania.com/53884.html

Interesting... the first cut was given an R Rating??

That's actually kind of good news...

Game Master

Postby Halo » Thu May 17, 2007 7:01 pm

Holy freakin' CRAP!

http://movies.yahoo.com/feature/transfo ... ouv_JfVXcA

Check out the new "Exclusive" trailer. Despite all the fancy visuals, the thing I'm most excited about is hearing the classic transformation sound when Optimus does his thing.

Hard to believe, but I'm looking forward to a Michael Bay movie!

Group Leader

Postby inix88 » Fri May 18, 2007 12:06 pm

"It's a robot- a super advanced robot. Probably Japanese....."

Starscream as an F-22 is stunning. Live action Macross, anyone?

Game Master

Postby araruin » Fri May 18, 2007 2:22 pm

I've been looking forward tyo this since I first heard about it, and it looks as awesome as I hoped.

I've read both the novel prequel and the comic prequel. Both tell different stories. From the novel, we should expect to see Prime, Bumblebee, Jazz, Iron Hide, and Ratchet for the Autobots.

Decepticons making an appearance in both the novel and the comic include Starscream(F-22), Blackout(Gunship), and Barricade(Police Car). The novel also mentions Frenzy and Scorpinok. However, Scorpinok is not a full fledged transformer. He is Blackout's symbiote.

The information in the comic leads me to believe that the main guy shown in the trailer is indeed a Witwicky, and he is the descendant of the man who originally discovered Megatron buried beneath the ice in the Arctic Circle.

Ace Pilot

Postby COBRA » Fri May 18, 2007 9:11 pm

When I saw the trailer for the first time, at the part where Starscream transformed into his F-22 back and forth, really smoothly among the city skyscrapers, dodging, firing and being awesome and stuff, my first thought was a possible Macross/Macross Plus Live movie. Like: "It's not very far away now. NOT far away at all!" XD

Wing Leader

Postby Azazel » Fri May 18, 2007 10:53 pm

Cobra - Not to sound like I'm bragging, BUT.. just gimme between $60-$100 million USD and a kickass director (Danny Boyle comes to mind), and I can make it happen for ya. ;D

Actually, I've still to finish my VF-1. ^^;;

Cheers!

- A.

Group Leader

Postby Mr.F » Sat May 19, 2007 8:36 am

Regarding the trailer thing recently released... I have only one say to comment on that. I heard a very distinct nostalgic sound when a certain truck did its transformation. I was quite pleased.

/Mr.F - Is glad quite a few of them still look more like transformers then bionicles

Ace Pilot

Postby COBRA » Sat May 19, 2007 1:07 pm

Azazel - Sure mate. Sounds great! But... I'm low on funds right now. Can you lend me some? Please? XD

Wing Leader

Postby Azazel » Mon May 21, 2007 10:40 am

Cobra - Hmmm... *opens wallet. Moth flies out.* I'm afraid not. Sorry. ^_^

Assistant Game Master

Postby Shadow Skull » Mon May 21, 2007 3:07 pm

Classic Transforming noise for the win!

Unfortunately, I got a very bad feeling from the teaser trailer when it became clear that the "cover up" plot device was going to be used.

However; as long as, they follow this formula
classic transforming noise + lots of robot vs robot combat + nostalgia - Teen angst - secretive evil gov't that covers up everything = happy viewers.
Silence may be "Golden," but ducktape is Silver.

Can now be reached at my old e-mail and IM account

Assistant Game Master (SM)

Postby Flare™ » Tue May 22, 2007 5:55 pm

I'm still not impressed by this movie yet. I guess I'm just setting my expectations too high.

Ace Pilot

Postby COBRA » Wed May 23, 2007 10:27 pm

Good thing about this trailer is that they haven't included any voices for the transformers yet. Keeps my expectations high.

I will probably be the only one at the cinema who is cheering for Starscream. That's because his coolness as a jetfighter. One thing I love, and for the reason of the *Cough*MacrossPlusSimilarity*Cough* firefight among the skyscrapers.

Game Master

Postby Halo » Wed Jun 06, 2007 6:02 pm

Group Leader

Postby Mr.F » Wed Jun 06, 2007 6:46 pm

Too bad bonecrusher is ugly...

Admittedly it may just be the trailer. Its not like one actually gets a clear view of it and some of the angels are a bit extraordinary.

/Mr.F - Hope is what ruins it

Game Master

Postby Halo » Tue Jul 03, 2007 12:47 pm

I just got back from seeing it... and HOLY CRAP ON A STICK, IT'S GOOOOOD.

There are holes aplenty in the plot, like 50-foot robots "sneaking" around humans unseen, but if you go into it expecting a fun popcorn movie, you'll be freaking blown away! But parents in the group beware, this is not a "kiddie" movie, and they do use that PG-13 rating to the fullest. It's not for kids, but aimed squarely at all of us 30-somethings who adored the tv series as kids.

Unlike Star Wars, this movie will not ruin your childhood.

Game Master

Postby MustangGT02 » Tue Jul 03, 2007 12:57 pm

Cool Im goin to see it today. I was worried that it would suck. But this is good newsd.
"Luke...I am your father..." ~ Empire Strikes Back

Ace Pilot

Postby COBRA » Tue Jul 03, 2007 6:01 pm

I heard from several die-hard transformer fans that the movie actually rocked like hell. Yet, I haven't seen the movie so my oppinion remain unchanged (passive status). But I still want to see it thou. Still awaiting for the cinema here to sell tickets to the show, but that will probably take another month or three till it happens.

Living in sweden sure sucks sometimes :/

Group Leader

Postby Nomad Soul » Tue Jul 03, 2007 7:46 pm

First off let me start by saying I am a Transformers nut. I grew up with the show and have spent about a thousand dollars on merchandise like DVDs and vintage Toys.

Now as for this newest movie. When I first heard about it the deal was that it was going to be G1 inspired but as the years went on and more and more news and info was leaked it was clearly becoming something quite different. It took me a long time to accept that but I finally just decided to let it go and realize that this newest movie wasn't going to be the old cartoon I loved. It's a good thing I finally accepted that or else I wouldn't have been able to enjoy this movie.

The movie itself I gotta say really entertained me. They made Sam Witwicky (Shia Lebouf) very likable and he wasn't as annoying as I thought he'd be. In the original cartoons I hated the human characters and just wanted them to go away but in this they are pretty fleshed out and cool, even doing some major damage to the Decepticons themselves. In contrast I felt they introduced the Transformers a little too late for them to be fully realized as characters but I suppose we have the sequel to look forward to for that.

The action is spectacular for sure but my major gripe is with the design of the Transformers themselves. Back in the G1 days it was very easy to tell who was who but I felt that in this movie, once they were in their robot modes they all looked relatively similar (except for the three with bright and colourful paint jobs). When the robots were battling melee combat or grappling I had no idea what was going on or who was who. I particularly hated the faces on the robots, UGLY!

Overall though I had a great time and I think this is a great film. It's just not the Transformers I know and love.

9/10

Flight Leader

Postby Sparky » Tue Jul 03, 2007 10:21 pm

Halo wrote:I just got back from seeing it... and HOLY CRAP ON A STICK, IT'S GOOOOOD.

There are holes aplenty in the plot, like 50-foot robots "sneaking" around humans unseen, but if you go into it expecting a fun popcorn movie, you'll be freaking blown away! But parents in the group beware, this is not a "kiddie" movie, and they do use that PG-13 rating to the fullest. It's not for kids, but aimed squarely at all of us 30-somethings who adored the tv series as kids.

Unlike Star Wars, this movie will not ruin your childhood.

*Faints at the reality of these comments*

I just got back from it 20 minutes ago.. and I would like to say... actually, I probably should't say that, it'll give aay part of the movie.

There did that get you guys curious? Curious enough to go see it? Twice? Three times? If it did, then my work here is done.
"Fate rarely calls upon us at a moment of our choosing." - Optimus Prime

Game Master

Postby MustangGT02 » Tue Jul 03, 2007 10:23 pm

I saw it tonite and I thought it was awsome. It was way better than I thought it would be.
"Luke...I am your father..." ~ Empire Strikes Back

Game Master

Postby Halo » Wed Jul 04, 2007 6:20 am

When I first heard about it the deal was that it was going to be G1 inspired but as the years went on and more and more news and info was leaked it was clearly becoming something quite different.

I think you, and a lot of the internet community, interpreted the G1 statement differently than I did. When I heard "inspired by the original 1980s cartoon" (aka G1), I didn't expect a literal interpretation like some people did (not you, I mean a vocal portion of the transformers community). When I heard it was based on G1 that only meant one thing to me... Optimus Prime is a kickass semi truck, not a baboon. And IMO your first statement is correct, it is "G1 inspired". I don't care that he has a different cab. I don't care that he has a flame paint job. He's a semi, and he kicks much ass... good enough for me.

In my eyes, I look at it as a natural evolution of the series for the same audience, only 20 years older. Yes, it is different from G1, but that's not always a bad thing. Yes, Prime has lips now. But they're well animated and do a good job conveying emotion. And for every fanboy-cringing change like that, we also get good changes like Bumblebee overthrowing Prime as the coolest Transformer (or at least the one we'd all want parked out front our house). How many people could say that about the G1 Bumblebee?

When I left the theater I was walking behind a group that had the biggest whiny fanboy I have ever seen in my entire life. He didn't just dislike the movie, he hated it. And why? Because the writers, producers, and director didn't understand what Transformers were all about. And his proof of this belief? I $%& you not ... His beef was that none of the Decepticons could fly in robot form in the movie, but they all could in the cartoon. It's not a literal interpretation of the cartoon ... let it go, dude. LOL

In contrast I felt they introduced the Transformers a little too late for them to be fully realized as characters but I suppose we have the sequel to look forward to for that.

I agree totally, but keep in mind that their goal was never to make a Transformers movie... but rather the goal was to establish a new franchise, and those two things are a bit different when it comes to planning and presentation. Yeah, you have to wait about an hour into the film before you start getting Autobot action, but I agree with they way they paced it. It's almost a 2 and a half hour movie, so you still get some bot screen time, and it just builds anticipation for when that moment arrives. I wish they could have spent more time showing us the personalities of the bots, especially the Decepticons, but in the end I can deal with what they put on the screen.

When the robots were battling melee combat or grappling I had no idea what was going on or who was who.

Yeah, that bugged me too. And they shot most of those scenes from a human perspective looking up, which helped the sense of "reality", but made telling bots apart a little difficult. Hopefully they'll fix this in the sequel with some more stand-out paint jobs.

Game Master

Postby Cid Highwind CO VI » Wed Jul 04, 2007 10:44 pm

Before I give my opinion of the movie I just want to point out that when Growing up in the 80s I was introduced to Robotech as a Cartoon BEFORE Transformers and will blatantly state that I was really not a fan of the series (Beast Wars was the only one I really liked because it was the only Transformers in my opinion that had the character depth that I look for in any story) Now in it's defense If I would have seen G1 Before Robotech my opinion may have differed

That being said I actually believe that if the original Transformers was presented with the same or similar acting plotline and character depth that was in the movie was then I would have LOVED it back then.

To me there were few flaws in the movie, the only real complaint I had was that it seemed that the Autobots did sign a contract with GM, and the only Non GM product (Besides Military Vehicles) was used by the Decepticons. however that complaint is minor and a result of Automobile Bias only (I.E. I went into this movie thinking it was going to be a big advertisement for GM)

My Automobile Bias quickly faded though as I watched the spectacular effects plotline and acting of this movie which kept me and my friends glued to our seats till the end Especially the way that the Human element is portrayed and portrayed well in this motion picture...

However the biggest proof to me as to how good (Dare I say Epic) this movie was was when the movie ended the audience began to clap (Keep in mind, my hometown of Abiline is a pretty cynical Hick Town)

I have seen movies that were oscar winners not get that kind of treatment
Last edited by Cid Highwind CO VI on Wed Jul 04, 2007 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Game Master

Postby Cid Highwind CO VI » Wed Jul 04, 2007 10:46 pm

Crap, Accidentally Quoted instead of Edited

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion